Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Happy New Year! May 2011 be everything we hope it to be! I have a good feeling about this year. Something tells me it's going to be great! Maybe it's the brand new date at the top of my screen: Jan 1. Maybe it's the fact that today falls on a Saturday and Saturday is my favorite day of the week. Maybe the cannoli I had last night for dessert is still sweetening my mood. I don't know, but I feel like it's going to be a very good year.

Did you all make a new years resolution this year? I tend to make them and then forget about them after about a week. This year, I said I was going to make exercise more of a priority in my life. I wouldn't say I'm out of shape. (I helped carry 2 cords of firewood to the backyard last night before our festivities began!)  I haven't gained any substantial weight either. I just would like to be a little more fit. And I know how great I feel when I'm working out regularly. I'm going to give it a shot and try not to give up on it too soon.

My boyfriend decided that he's going to go meatless for the month of January. He wants to see if it makes him feel better. I'm concerned that he isn't going to get the right nutrition though. Yesterday he made a joke that he's just going to be replacing meat with carbs. This worries me. Even though he was joking, I can totally see him eating spaghetti every night. So I guess I'll be doing some research for him. If any of you have some tips, I'd love to hear them. I know he can get protein from beans and soy, but I don't know much else. I also told him that I would at least go meatless on the weekends. So today being Saturday means that we'll be having salads for lunch I guess. I'm going to check online for some recipes for dinner tonight, and go from there. Wish us luck! :)

I hope you all are having a great morning on the first day of the new year!! I hope 2011 brings you all everything you want it to bring -- including health, happiness, love, luck and lots of laughter!!

No comments: