Monday, October 19, 2009

Harry Connick, Jr. Your Songs

When the One2One Network offered me the opportunity to review Harry Connick, Jr.'s new album, Your Songs, I jumped at the chance. I've always been a fan of his. I love his sultry New Orleans draw and the smooth, sexy sound of his voice.



Your songs is a diverse collection of covers. He covers songs by The Beatles, Billy Joel, Elvis Presley and many others. Here's a tracklist:

Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):

All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)

I especially love his covers of All The Way, Besame Mucho and Smile. His voice is so smooth and lush. Just lovely and perfect for these songs.

This album is such a nice listen. Perfect for the background of a dinner party or for long summer drives (or fall ones!) If you're a fan of this crooning style, I think you'll definitely enjoy this.

This album is just what it's titled! It's a collection of your songs. Songs just for you that you already love! If you're anything like me, you'll be singing along in no time!

Here's a few links to give you even more Harry Connick, Jr. goodness!

Behind the Scenes look at ‘Making of’ the album: http://bit.ly/HCJrVideo
Harry’s website: http://www.harryconnickjr.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/harryconnickjr


Photobucket

No comments: