So I was thinking today that far too many great tv shows get canceled too soon. Here's my list of most-missed shows.
1. My So-Called Life -- I often wondered what would have happened with Brian Krakow once Angela read that letter. Would she really have stayed with Jordan Catalano? Who knows? I do enjoy seeing the cast show up randomly in things these days though. Yes, that was Angela's dad who threatened to take Aaron from Kate on LOST.
2. American Dreams -- I really enjoyed this one. I wasn't alive in the 60's but it seemed like such a poignant portrayal of those times. Definitely canceled too soon.
3. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip -- Another great Sorkin show. I love Bradley Whitford, so it was nice to see him again after the West Wing. I loved the drama of the show and really enjoyed the characters. And their Christmas episode rivaled some of the best holiday tv episodes of all time.
4. John from Cincinnati -- Now I know that this got canceled because people just didn't get it, but maybe if they'd given it a chance, we might have been able to figure it out!
5. Ed -- I'm glad we got some closure with this one, so atleast we have that. I'd feel better if they'd just release it on DVD! Just give them the music rights all ready!
6. Life on Mars -- The wound with this one is still fresh. I would have really liked to see this whole storyline fleshed out more. Such a unique concept with great characters. Very well-written show.
7. Pushing Daisies -- How good was this show?! Word on the street is that the 3 remaining episodes will be shown in May. I also heard rumors of a possible movie. I think that would be a great idea.
8. Joan of Arcadia -- I know this one got kind of out there in the 2nd season, so I'm pretty sure that's what turned people off. It was so good in the first season though, I'd like to believe this one had great potential if it had been given the chance.
9. Boston Public -- This was a great show. Nicky Katt, Chi McBride, Fyvush Finkel, Michael Rappaport....so good! Maybe not such a realistic depiction of public school, but a great show that received the dreaded Friday night timeslot and died too soon.
10. Undeclared -- A fun Judd Apatow half hour comedy from 2001. I know many members of this cast have gone on to great careers, but I loved the interactions in this one. Jason Segel playing the obsessive boyfriend, then ex-boyfriend copy shop worker. Jay Baruchel, Seth Rogan, Louden Wainwright III...great cast.
Ok so I also have some honorable mentions that I found on google. Yes, I had to see what other shows I was missing!
Relativity, Murder One, Daria, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, The Nine, Journeyman, Freaks & Geeks (I will admit I didn't catch this one til my boyfriend loaned me the boxset to watch) and Millenium.
And I almost forgot Life With Bonnie! Bonnie Hunt's sitcom...that was a very funny show!
Let me know if I missed any good ones!