Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Norah Jones Album!

Norah Jones' new album, "...Featuring" hits stores today! When I heard about this album, I was really excited about it. I love Norah Jones. Her smooth voice is so gorgeous and I've really enjoyed her past albums. When the One2One Network gave me the chance to listen to and review her new album, I was thrilled.

The new album, "...Featuring" from Norah Jones is an album of collaborations and duets with some of music's most celebrated and iconic artists. It is also a very eclectic album. Norah Jones really shows her versatility here, across musical genres from country to hiphop and rock to jazz. This album also spans her career featuring recordings and collaborations over the last decade.

You are going to be really surprised when I show you this album's track listing. I know I said the album really shows Norah's versatility as an artist, but you have no idea! Check it out!

...Featuring Track Listing:
 
1. Love Me – The Little Willies
2. Virginia Moon – The Foo Fighters featuring Norah Jones
3. Turn Them – Sean Bones featuring Norah Jones
4. Baby It's Cold Outside – Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones
5. Bull Rider – Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson
6. Ruler Of My Heart – Dirty Dozen Brass Band featuring Norah Jones
7. The Best Part – El Madmo  
8. Take Off Your Cool – OutKast featuring Norah Jones
9. Life Is Better – Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones
10. Soon The New Day – Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones
11. Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John – Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones
12. Here We Go Again – Ray Charles featuring Norah Jones
13. Loretta – Norah Jones featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Dear John – Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones
15. Creepin' In – Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton
16. Court & Spark – Herbie Hancock featuring Norah Jones
17. More Than This – Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones
18. Blue Bayou – Norah Jones featuring M. Ward

I was really impressed when I saw that track list. Norah Jones with Dolly Parton and Outkast on the same album?! But it really works. I really enjoyed the tracks on this album. My favorite track is the opening track, "Love Me" with Norah's band, The Little Willies. It's a really soulful, beautiful song. Other gems include "Dear John" with Ryan Adams and "Blue Bayou" with M. Ward. This album covers a ton of genres and it's still pretty cohesive, surprisingly. I do think that this album lends better to a shuffle, rather than a straight listen, so listeners can really savor and enjoy each song on its own. It's a really wonderful collection of songs.


You can also check out Norah on YouTube or on Facebook to learn more!

The album is in stores today. If you have a music fan in the family, I think this would be a fabulous holiday gift!


Disclosure: One2One Network sent me a copy of this album to facilitate this review and I will be entered to win a giftcard for posting. I was not compensated any further and the opinions here are solely mine. This review has not been influenced or edited by the sponsor.

No comments: