Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ghostbusters

We just watched Ghostbusters again tonight. I haven't seen this movie in probably close to 10 years, so I wasn't sure if it would hold up. You know how certain movies from your childhood are still as cool as you thought they were back then, and some just aren't. Like Goonies...as much as I hate to say it, it doesn't hold up. I still love Chunk and Data's "Slick Shoes" but the movie as a whole just isn't the gem I remember it to be. Same goes for The Dark Crystal. I don't remember seeing this one as a child, but I watched it a few months ago and hello snooze-fest. I believed my boyfriend when he said he loved it as a child, but man...it's so not good.

Also, in case you were wondering, Inspector Gadget doesn't hold up either. 

Ok sorry, I'm rambling. Back to Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters lives up pretty well. The ghosts aren't really "scary" anymore and I didn't cringe when the guys got electrocuted for not being gods, but basically, it's still a fun movie. While watching it tonight though, I did find out from my boyfriend that he had a crush on Annie Potts. He said she was his favorite Designing Woman. I'm not sure what to think about this, because I don't think I'm at all like Annie Potts, but I promise not to run out tomorrow and cut my hair short. (I did that in high school, and it wasn't the same for a looong time.) I found out early on our relationship, that he had a thing for Susan Sarandon too, so maybe it's just a redhead thing. (I went red in high school too, and I'm glad I got that out of my system then too.)

Can you think of any other films or TV shows that either do or don't hold up from your childhood? I'd love to hear them! (I might have to rewatch some Short Circuit to see if that one is as good as I remember. I loved Johnny 5!)

No comments: