Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Could Have Used This A Few Weeks Ago!

A few weeks ago I told you all about my 2nd Row Tom Petty tickets! The show was awesome, but I had an almost traumatic experience that totally could have been avoided!! I ended up going to the show with only dead batteries in my camera!! Luckily, our local Classic Rock radio station (thank you WMGK!!) saved me and had double A's for me, but I almost had no pictures to show for my once in a lifetime 2nd row Tom Petty show!

Today I read about a new Energizer product that could have saved me all of that worry and aggravation! I love the idea of rechargeable batteries. They're eco-friendly AND they save you money. This new Energizer Smart Charger is a fantastic way to keep track of the juice left in your rechargeable AA's & AAA's. With this, you'll always know which batteries are charged and ready to go and which ones aren't!



We go through a ton of batteries in our house. Between toys, remote controls & cameras, we're constantly switching out batteries. I've always wanted to make the switch to only using rechargeables, but always thought it would be too much of a hassle.

The Energizer Smart Charger seems to be just that...Smart! It comes with some great features that would make the switch for us really simple. It has a countdown timer to tell you when your batteries will be fully-charged. There's also a battery fuel gauge to tell you the current charge of batteries you might not be sure of. (I'm always mixing up batteries and then I can't tell which ones are dead and which ones are charged.) The front display is also large enough to be seen from across the room, so you can glance at it and know how much time you have left. That's very convenient.

I think having one of the Smart Chargers would definitely allow me to make a smooth transition into using only rechargeable batteries, saving me money and helping the earth! Have you seen these or do you have one?! What do you think of it?

No comments: