Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pearista Pen To Paper Challenge


This month, as a Pearista, I've accepted the Pen To Paper Challenge from Pear Tree Greetings. Pearistas are a group of bloggers that work with Pear Tree Greetings to bring their products and promotions to readers. Pear Tree is a stationary company that makes beautiful cards from personalized notecards to Christmas cards and Birth Announcements.

This month, in addition to the 15% discount on all baby items (use code PEARAUG10), Pear Tree challenged us to write a hand-written note once a week for a month. They asked us to blog about each letter we write and to include a blank card and envelope with it so that our recipient might send a hand-written note of their own!

Pear Tree Greetings sent us 8 really pretty cards to use in the challenge. Wait til you see them! They also said they're going to choose one blogger's post each week to feature on their own blog and that writer will receive a $50 credit to their store!! (I'm pretty psyched about this part!!)

So I have to decide who to send my first note to! My Great Aunt is in the hospital, so I'm sure she would love a letter. (She's doing much better and should be coming home tomorrow!) And my cousin just moved out on her own, so I bet she'd love some mail too. I also have some friends that I only chat with over the phone or email these days, so I could put them on the list too. (Hey Pear Tree, What happens if I go a little overboard with this?! I'm gonna need that $50 credit!!)

How long has it been since you sent someone a hand-written letter? I bet you have someone in your life that would love to get some snail mail from you! Wanna play along? How about this? If you send a hand-written note to someone between now and August 31, write a blog post about it (with a picture of your note!) Leave me a comment here with a link to your post and I'll choose 1 blogger randomly to receive the last letter of my challenge. That means you'll get the adorable blank card that I received from Pear Tree Greetings to send along with my letter and I'll feature your blog in my post for the last letter of the challenge!

Sound fun? I might even tuck a small gift into the winner's letter to make it even more fun! I hope you'll play along!!



No comments: